It is a known fact that battery is the foundation of an inverter. On this account, the overall performance and life span of an inverter depend wholly on its battery. In this modern era, batteries have integrated itself within modern society as an essential component to ensure optimality within our daily lives. As one of their most popular implementations, batteries are being used as an emergency power backup component ever since its inception. Considering the common nature of inverter batteries, it is essential to know how to take optimal care of the same in order to keep them in top-notch condition. In addition to that, regular maintenance is essential for effective operations and longer life of the inverter. To aid you in the priorly-mentioned task, we’ve compiled a detailed guide to inverter batteries to enlighten you about the ideal methods to efficiently use your inverter batteries.
Tips to Prolong Your Inverter Batteries
Here are some essential battery maintenance tips to ensure that your inverter works wonders whenever the need arises. Keep these points in mind in order to prolong the life of your inverter batteries.
- Inspect Your Battery on a regular basis
It is very essential to inspect your battery every now and then to make sure that it is working fine. If the battery is dead or not functioning aptly, you should replace it without any delay.
- Discharge and Recharge RegularlyTo ensure that your inverter batteries are utilized to their maximum potential, it is crucial that you regularly use the same frequency. This is suggested mainly because failing to use the batteries can cause it to lose its capacitance and hence, its functionality. Therefore, even if your household doesn’t experience significant power cuts, you should discharge your inverter batteries completely before charging it to its full capacity at least once a month to make certain that it functions properly.
- Avoid Corrosion And Rusting Of BatteriesIt is crucial that you keep your inverter batteries free from rusting anf corrosion generation. Corrosion can lead to creating unnecessary resistance within the internal components of the battery which can lead to inefficiency in charging the battery. On the other hand, rusting in terminals leads to a decline in the current flow of the battery. The restricted flow of current causes the battery to charge slowly and the battery life diminishes as a result. To avoid the same, you should regularly clean your battery terminals with a mixture of hot water and baking soda. To apply it, it is preferable to use a toothbrush in a gentle sweeping motion along the terminals. After cleaning, you should rinse off any remnants of the mixture with a clean and dry cloth.
Clean the Vents Regularly
- The side vents of your inverter battery are meant to be the escape route for any excess hydrogen gas build up during functioning. Excessive gas accumulation can lead to the battery bursting and damaging nearby components. On this account, to prevent irreversible damages, you should clean the side vents of your inverter battery on a regular basis.
Keep a Check on the Water Level
There is a minimum and maximum water level cap marked on your inverter battery. It is significant to enable you to gauge the ideal amount of water that is to be poured into your inverter battery. Going under or over the recommended amount can lead to building up of excess gases that can harm the internal components of the inverter. Therefore, you should regularly check your inverter battery water level to avoid any undesirable scenario. Added to that, you should always use distilled water instead of tap water.
- Store Battery in a Well-Ventilated AreaWhile functioning, inverter batteries are known to generate a considerable amount of heat. This heat, if accumulated, can severely harm the internal components of the battery or be an obstacle in the efficient working of the battery. Therefore, it is suggested that you store your battery in a well-ventilated area where the heat has an efficient escape route to prevent any irreversible damages to the battery.
Being an inseparable part of inverters, batteries turn out to be quite useful whenever there is a shortage of power. For this reason, it becomes extremely imperative to maintain your battery in the best way possible so that its efficiency and performance in not lost. Last but not the least, the tips mentioned in this article can help you extend the lifespan of your inverter.