No one is going to judge your coffee addiction in the morning or even if you are up for afternoon coffee. For most of the people and especially professional coffee is a staple in their regular diet because of its benefits for mental and physical health.
We know how hard it is to ignore coffee cravings, no matter you have scheduled your cups per day. We bet you were just about to get up to make your next cup, no one can stop you from doing that, so here are some amazing tips, tricks, and recipes to copycat Starbucks to make your coffee as good as that.
No matter what is your excuse for another extra cup of coffee at an odd hour, you always try to hold up to the standard of the most popular coffee retailer, Starbucks.
Before getting on to the recipes, here is a little secret to getting 99.9% of the exact taste as your favorite coffee from Starbucks.
Did you know that it is not always about the ingredients but the process and the method of how you prepare your drink?
The most important of all the freshly grind beans matters the most in making an amazing coffee. All the connoisseur coffee drinkers will agree that grounding beans right before making the coffee is more effective in giving the best of the taste.
Have you ever noticed the sound of grinding all the time at your local Starbucks? The reason behind freshly grind beans is that when the beans are exposed to oxygen, they release the flavor and the aroma, which is the key factor for giving a specific taste to the coffee at Starbucks.
So, make sure you are starting off with the right step.
Grinding needs to be done right if you want to reach perfection in terms of taste. For instance, flat-bottom filters require a coarser grinder, whereas cone filters require a finer grind to prepare.
Water and coffee ratio
Do not overlook the perfect proportions of water and coffee as they determine the taste to the most. Too little of a coffee means you end up on a bitter brew, while too much of the coffee ends up on a diluted and bland cup of coffee, which you do not need.
The right proportion of water and coffee is 2 spoons of coffee in every 6 ounces of water.
You must not have thought of it as an important factor in determining the taste of the coffee but it is as important as choosing the right beans. Depending on where you live, tap water varies in taste, which brings a huge difference in the taste as compared to Starbucks.
Filtered water is the most recommended if you want your coffee to taste as good as Starbucks.
How about using Starbucks coffee beans?
If you are a Starbucks coffee lover, then the best way to mimic your favorite Starbucks drink is to use their own coffee beans. They may be expensive but not more than three or more trips to a Starbucks store for your favorite drink.
Experiment with the syrups and milk
It may not sound like a true coffee drinker but the idea of having black coffee terrifies most of the people. You can always opt for your favorite syrup, creams, or milk to add some flavor. Using different products like syrups, dairy milks, soy or nut milks to suit your needs and requirements. You will be able to make your own recipes Just as good as Starbucks in no time.
Following the right ingredients and the right methods, you will be a happy brewer effortlessly, or you may even won’t need to go back to that place again.
Without further ado let’s get on to the recipes to make your own coffee.
Iced Vanilla Latte
This is a fraction of the price you pay at expensive stores just because of the brand name. It is made with just 3 simple ingredients, perfect for hot summer days.
Perp time: 5 minutes
- Strongly brewed coffee, cold, 2 cups
- ½ cup of cream or milk. Whatever you prefer
- 2tbsp of vanilla syrup
- 1 cup of ice
- Fill two glasses with ice
- Mix coffee, milk/cream
- Add vanilla syrup
- Pour a cup of ice
Tips and tricks:
Here are some of the tips that will help you in making it better than what you have been making for a long time.
- To prevent watering down of the coffee, it is better to freeze excess coffee and use it instead of ice cubes.
- You can use milk half-in-half coffee and milk or adjust the proportions as per your taste.
- This is totally optional, but the homemade vanilla syrup is better than the store-bought one.
- To keep the flavor intact for a longer period of time, brew your coffee a bit stronger than you normally do. It will help in maintaining the flavor when the ice melts and dilute your drink.
Voila! Here you have your latte as good as Starbucks in a fraction of the amount they charge.
If you prefer more of a sweeter coffee over ice, then this is the right drink for you.
- 5 ounces of cold brewed coffee
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 tbsp of heavy cream
- 2 tbsp of chocolate syrup
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of brown sugar (not packed)
For the mocha sugar rim
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- ½ tsp of instant coffee powder
- 1 tsp of cocoa powder
For homemade whipped cream
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- Brew your coffee and allow it to cool
- Combine ½ cup of cream and 1 tbsp of sugar in a large mixing bowl
- Beat until stiff peaks form
- Combine sugar, coffee powder and cocoa in a small, shallow dish
- Dab the rim of your glass with water and dip your glass into your mocha sugar mixture.
- Fill the bottom of your glass with 1 tbsp of chocolate syrup
- Add some ice cubes
- In the glass, pour in your coffee, milk, vanilla, remaining cream, and brown sugar.
- Mix well to combine everything
- Garnish with whipped cream and additional syrup of your choice.
It is then a deal that you are not going to waste your money anymore in the name of the brand when you can make one at home without spending money and the struggle of going out for your favorite drink.